PhD Survival Posts
A selection of PhD related posts on my blog
- The 'Career Generator', what should you do post PhD? Play Online
- How many papers should academics publish per year?
- Why do rejected applications not receive feedback?
- Things I wish I had known when I started my PhD
- The scary world of science
- The ups and downs of a meeting with your supervisor
- The Life of Science
- Lab Post-it notes and Politics (not quite 'I lick my cheese')
I also wrote a life of a PhD student blog at http://www.jobs.ac.uk/blogs/phd-student/
- Writing a Thesis Plan
- The Value of PhD Assessments
- The PhD- Student Supervisor Relationship
- Getting Constructive PhD Feedback
- Final Year Panic
- Leaving Work to Start a PhD
- Taking a break from your PhD
- What makes a PhD?
- How many hours does it take to get a PhD?
- Life after a PhD
- Love Your PhD
- Keeping up to date during your PhD
- Pregnancy during your PhD
- What does it mean to be a PhD student?
- Funding Travel during your PhD
- Dealing with monotony in your PhD
- How to Communicate your PhD research
- PhD: Doctor of Procrastination?
- Finding Inspiration
- Staying Motivated